Dental Spring Cleaning at Cardiff Dental
When you start thinking about spring cleaning, there’s a decent chance your mind automatically leaps to getting your home in shape after being stuck inside during the winter.
But spring is also a great time to refresh and clean other areas of your life. So, when your mind turns to spring cleaning don’t neglect your oral health.
After all, oral health is essential to your overall health, and a brilliant smile looks and feels great, attracting others and giving them a good first impression of you.
So, this spring take some time to renew your oral health. At Cardiff Dental we’d like to suggest the following approaches to a spring cleaning for your teeth.
Changes you can make
Time for a new toothbrush. Spring is a great time to retire your old toothbrush and get a new one. You have used a brush way too long if it is starting to look dingy or the bristles are flattened or splayed. If you have an electric brush, it is time to order new brushes for it to last the rest of the year.
Here are some other toothbrush tips:
- Rinse. After use, take a few moments to rinse your brush off.
- Keep moisture away. After you have used your toothbrush and rinsed it, store it in an upright position to keep moisture away.
- Never share your toothbrush. Not even with other members of your family.
- Wash your hands. During the day, your hands contact many germs. The simplest way to be sure you aren’t spreading these germs is to wash your hands.
Make sure your dental products stay clean. You might want to rethink where you store your toothbrush and dental hygiene products. Try to keep them as far away from the toilet as possible and not right next to the sink where splashes from hand washing can reach them. This can help you to stay healthy throughout the year.
Upgrade your toothbrush? You wouldn’t use a broom on your rug if you had a vacuum, right? It makes sense to use the most powerful tool available, and the electric toothbrush is that tool for dental care.
Electric toothbrushes removed debris better and with less effort on your part. They are great for people with poor toothbrushing technique or problems with their hands that make brushing difficult. Besides, these brushes come will cool features like built-in timers to ensure you brush each part of your mouth for the proper time!
Drink water. The spring/summer drinks we enjoy often contain high levels of sugars and acids that can attack tooth enamel. Pure water has no sugar nor calories, which makes it the perfect choice for rinsing the mouth out between meals and snacks, and the best choice for refreshment.
What Cardiff Dental can do
Teeth cleaning and checkup. Scheduling a teeth cleaning and dental check-up is great to do in the spring – it can catch any potential problems you might have gotten over the winter.
At Cardiff Dental, we perform the following:
- Examination – using hand tools and X-rays if needed.
- Recommendation of treatment – on the spot, or by appointment if needed.
- Comprehensive cleaning – your teeth are professionally cleaned, scaled and polished to get rid of plaque, tartar build-up and food stains. This is the first step to a cleaner, brighter, better-smelling smile.
- Oral health and hygiene education – your Cardiff Dental team will advise you on how you can properly maintain good oral health and prevent further issues.
Teeth whitening. Take a look at your teeth in the mirror. Are they ready for springtime smiles or do they need a bit of cleaning and whitening? That warm coffee, tea, and cocoa that we drink to stay warm in winter can leave our teeth a bit dingy or stained.
Spring is the perfect time of year to schedule a cleaning with your dentist Cardiff and ask about our convenient teeth whitening service.
“Air out” your breath. Bad breath can be extremely distressing, straining our personal, work, and love lives. Bad breath is caused by a wide range of factors and its treatment depends on its exact cause.
If bad breath affects your personal and professional life, your friends at Cardiff Dental have suggestions and treatment to help you deal with it.
Cardiff Dental are:
- A comprehensive cosmetic, implant, and family dentist
- A local family owned and family run dental practice
- You have the option of seeing the same dentist every time
- Available to treat painful conditions on the same day
- One of the very few dental practices that are accredited by QIP (Quality Innovative Performance) for meeting the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Call (02) 4954 6888 or request an appointment today.