National Children’s Week at Cardiff Dental
As National Children’s Week approaches (from 22-31 October), Cardiff Dental wants everyone to know that when you teach your children to care for their teeth, you’re protecting more than just their smiles.
Children with healthy and beautiful teeth and good dental habits have a better chance of keeping them (both) for life while preventing dental disease and other health problems.
Your Cardiff dentist is pleased to inform you about dental hygiene for children that guarantee better dental and overall health later in life!
The Role of Parents
Teaching good dental habits to your children will help keep their smile beautiful, dental health good, and prevent other diseases. But getting children excited about taking care of their teeth is not always easy.
Start your children on the right track by using these techniques to make taking care of their teeth a fun part of their everyday routine.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Cardiff dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Cardiff Dental Can Help
Your Cardiff dental team strives to make you and your child feel relaxed by keeping parents with the children throughout the exam and offering a family-centred, comfortable environment.
We try our hardest to help your child overcome fears and feel calm.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Cardiff
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,052 worth of dental treatments over two years
To know more about our National Children’s Week celebration at Cardiff Dental, call us on (02) 4954 6888.
We look forward to seeing you soon.