Top Foods to Eat and Avoid with Braces from Cardiff Dental
When you have braces, there are certain food restrictions.
Braces help create a healthy bite, straight teeth, and a great smile – but to get there, you do have to follow some precautions.
Avoiding foods is an important part of protecting your braces appliance and ensure the treatment is going properly.
The guide below will instruct you on what to eat and what to avoid during your braces treatment.
What Can & Can’t You Eat with Braces?
Check out our list of foods that are good for braces and foods that your braces might hate for chewing.
Foods to eat with braces
The best foods to eat with braces are…
- Mashed potatoes
Foods to avoid with braces
Foods to avoid with braces are…
- Chewy foods like hard rolls and liquorice
- Crunchy foods like chips and popcorn
- Sticky foods like caramel, bubble gum and snickers
- Hard foods like nuts and pretzels
- Sugary foods like lollies
- Foods that you need to bite into forcefully like apples, raw carrots and corn
Your Cardiff dentist will help you learn more about dental braces and how to care for them properly.
Our orthodontic treatments offer high-quality treatments to various factors that affect your smile and the aesthetics of your teeth.
Cardiff Dental are:
- A comprehensive cosmetic, implant, and family dentist
- A local family-owned and family-run dental practice
- You have the option of seeing the same dentist every time
- Available to treat painful conditions on the same day
- One of the very few dental practices that are accredited by QIP (Quality Innovative Performance) for meeting the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
Same-Day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in Cardiff
We look forward to seeing you soon.