Keeping Kids Smiling: Child Dental Benefits Extended For 2017!
In the news
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
Click here to find out more
Great news for children, and their parents/guardian who have been eligible under the Children’s Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)! The CDBS has been extended into 2017.
CDBS provides basic dental services to children. From the first day of January 2017, dental services of up to $1,000 can be received over two consecutive calendar years. The two-year cap period starts when a patient first receives an eligible dental service.
Cardiff Dental is proud to support CDBS and encourages parents to make sure that their children take advantage of it. Good oral health starts early!
New terms and conditions do apply in 2017, so if you have any questions feel contact us on (02) 4954 6888 for information or an appointment.
Key Features of the Program
The program’s key features are:
- The CDBS extends a benefits schedule to children aged two to 17 years.
- The CDBS focuses on benefits for basic dental services including prevention and treatment (e.g. fillings and extractions) with high end and orthodontic items excluded.
- The benefits can be used in the public or private system.
- Total benefits are capped at $1,000 per eligible child over a two year period.
- Benefits are available from the beginning of each two-year period.
- Once the funds are spent, access to another $1,000 benefits will not occur until the new cycle.
What Services are Offered?
The CDBS covers a range of basic dental services:
- clean, scale and polish
- fissure sealing
- root canal treatment
Child Dental Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic work and will not be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
All of the covered services are happily provided by our staff here at Cardiff Dentistry! Information on your eligibility and possible treatment options are only a phone call away.
Who is Covered?
Eligibility requirements include:
- Being 2 and 17 years of age for at least 1 day of the calendar year
- Being eligible for Medicare, and
- Getting one of the payments listed below for at least 1 day of the calendar year.
Eligibility is assessed at the beginning of each calendar year and is valid for the entire year. If you become eligible part way through a calendar year, you only get benefits under the CDBS from the date of Medicare eligibility.
Your children are eligible if the child’s parent, carer, or guardian receives:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Parenting Payment, or
- Double Orphan Pension
A child is eligible if they receive:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Financial assistance under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) and can’t be included as a dependent child for the purposes of Family Tax Benefit because they are 16 years or older, or
- Financial assistance under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS) and can’t be included as a dependent child for the purposes of Family Tax Benefit because they are 16 years or older.
You’ll get a letter to confirm the eligibility of your child for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule if you are a parent or guardian of the child or on the list of approved care organisations. Older children who are receiving payments under their own name may also receive a letter.
If you have any questions about eligibility or treatment, be sure to contact us at Cardiff Dental!
Child Dental Benefit Schedule
- 6-monthly FREE checkup for kids under 18yrs of age
- Bulk Bill Child Dental Benefit Schedule up to $1,000
Contact your Cardiff dentist today on (02) 4954 6888 or book your appointment online.
Reference Link: To access the article click here